Here is a fact about me: no three movies have influenced the way I have chosen to dress over the last twenty years more than Clueless, The Craft, and The Sandlot (the last one seems weird, I know, but I like to dress like a 12-year-old boy in 1959. Get over it). Lucky for me, these fashions have come back in style so I can finally buy the clothes I like again.
Here’s another fact: my favorite character in the movie Clueless is the ageless babe, Stacey Dash. I loved her as Dionne in both Clueless the movie AND Clueless the tv show. However, unlike her impeccably dressed alter ego, Stacey Dash herself continues to prove to be a dumbass, ignorant bitch, which really kills my Clueless buzz.
Over the years, Dash has proven herself to be a bigger Republican asshole than Donald Trump and for someone who is both black and a woman, she seems to really hate the idea of equal rights for black people and women. I mean, it’s bizarre. She’s like an old delusional racist, sexist white dude trapped in a hot black woman’s body. I’m baffled.
ANYWAY, in a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight (aka the REAL news), bashed Caitlyn Jenner and other transsexuals for, you know, wanting to be treated like human beings and given equal rights or just mere dignity. Because trans people want to use the washrooms of the gender they choose to present themselves as or be given gender neutral bathrooms, Dash said:
It’s tyranny by the minority. Why do I have to suffer because you can’t decide what you wanna be that day? It’s your body, so it’s your decision, right? We all make choices. Ok then, go in the bushes. I don’t know what to tell you, but I’m not gonna put my child’s life at risk because you want to change a law.
Ok, a few things about this statement:
- A black woman complaining about tyranny by the minority seems so fucking BIZARRE to me! I mean, I’m pretty sure she’s dissed the Black Lives Matter movement in the past as well, so everything that comes out of her goddamn mouth confuses the hell out of me.
- Trans people don’t switch “who they wanna be” from day to day. They pretty much always feel like they’re one particular gender, they just weren’t fortunate enough to be born in the body of that gender. It’s not so much a decision as just who they are.
- How is telling people to go around pissing and shitting in the bushes better for your kids than a gender neutral bathroom? I feel like you and your kids are more likely to see someone’s genitals if you’re making them go fucking squat outside instead of in a private stall.
- How will trans people using the same public washroom as you ENDANGER your children’s lives? Do you think trans people hide in bathroom stalls with AIDs filled needles waiting to poke your kid in the arm? Do you think trans people are werewolves? Seriously, I need a more clear explanation of what you mean by that, because I really don’t think trans people are going around killing kids in bathrooms. In fact, I’m pretty sure statistically more of THEM have been attacked in washrooms, but hey, who am I to argue with Stacey Dash? She was in a Kanye West video once!
Dash went on to explain to ET why she isn’t down with trans people, aside from the fact that they’re clearly public washroom serial killers:
What we’re doing is we’re chipping away at what it is to be a woman and to be feminine. And what it is to be a man and be masculine. I wish we could go back to Mad Men days. I love those days. Men were men. And I love them.
This is getting long, so just two brief thoughts on that statement:
- Maybe instead of chipping away what it means to be a man or a woman, trans people are redefining it and expanding it, which isn’t a bad thing.
- Sure Stacey, you go back to the bad men days. I’m sure New York in the 1960s was great for a black woman. You can go right ahead and work a terrible, low paying job because you can’t even get hired so much as a secretary. Then you can ride the back of the bus home to your impoverished, segregated neighbourhood where maybe you can be legally raped by your husband. You’d have such a good time!
This is legit me every time Stacey Dash speaks: