No wait, don’t keep scrolling. It’s about time that as a society, we embraced the ugly truth. Kanye West isn’t as bad as we once thought.
Much like mould on a fine cheese, Yeezy is growing on us, and although it may seem like an icky idea, you’ll be glad it did in the long run. Sure, we once hated his guts for being a narcissistic douchebag, but who ever heard of a humble rapper? Sure, he constantly has a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp, but maybe a list of all the reasons he’s kinda-sorta-maybe not so bad might put a smile on his face and make him feel his Kanye Best?
1. He’s the biggest egotist since sliced bread. That might not sound like a glowing report, but we love to hate to love people like that. It’s the ‘Scott Disick’ effect. The more of a big-headed jerk he is, the more hilariously entertaining we find him and want him to say something even more outrageous. Hell, the Beatles claimed to be bigger than Jesus and it never dented the public’s adoration for them. He’s taken what we all believe rappers to be like and exaggerated it to the power of a million.
2. He interrupted Taylor Swift at the VMA’s. Of course, this was while we were still blissfully unaware of Taylor’s bunny boiling ways, and so the whole world rushed to wrap their arms around her and pat her head and tell her everything was going to be fine. Barack Obama even called Kanye a ‘jackass’ for stealing her spotlight, but as it turns out, he didn’t steal it away from her enough because in typical Taylor style,she still released a song about the incident. As the old saying goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
3. There is an entire Tumblr account called ‘Kanye With White People‘ that posts such gems as Kanye with Pauly D, Kanye with Paul McCartney, and Kanye with British royalty with the caption:
” kanye introduces royalty to the life of a rapper.
royalty introduces kanye to nothing because kanye considers himself royalty”
Which is probably only half as pompous as this meeting actually was.
4. He can wear a leather kilt on stage and nobody says a damn thing about it. He literally raps about women whilst wearing a skirt – how many other rappers would have the cojones to go on stage in drag? The Vuitton Don cares about equality between the sexes, which is heart-warming no matter what chromosomes you possess.
5. Goddamn, his songs are catchy. I dare you to crank this song up and not achieve whatever it is that you’re doing ten times faster and with at least three times more swagger. Also, don’t act like you don’t feel the urge to shout ‘fish filet’ along with ‘N*****s In Paris’.
So, there you go. Five excellent reasons why Kanye West is no longer just the self-obsessed twerp we all thought he was. He’s that and so much more. His impending fatherhood may make this list completely moot however, if the rumours are true and he names his baby ‘Easton’. No amount of Swift-slaying or 808′s will be able to redeem him then.